Life’s been busy. I’ve been frustrated that I haven’t had a chance to write about all that’s been going on these last two months so I thought I’d give a quick rundown to catch you up:
– I’ve been working two jobs
– survived Christmas season (and even did some baking along the way…my belly proves that!)
– travelled to Manitoba in the dead of winter to visit family (learned that Armando’s brain actually freezes at a certain point as his usually superior navigation skills were lost in the cold)
– travelled to Mexico to visit the in-laws and attend a wedding
– lived through a colonoscopy (was actually the first time I was ever in a hospital as a patient)
– got stung with the three-week cold and managed to live with a husband that was sick for four weeks!
– Armando and I played in an ice hockey game for the first time ever and no broken bones!
– had dinner with friends in a pitch-black restaurant (Dark Table). No lights. Couldn’t see a thing. You are served by blind waiters. You can’t see what you are eating, let alone see where your fork is. Was quite the experience!
– got my Nexus card (do I see shopping trips to the US in the future?!)
– had my first Rosca de Reyes and didn’t choke on the plastic baby Jesus!
– went to Vegas and learned to play Craps. That game is so addictive! (hence, the two jobs that I’m working. haha!) Just jokes 🙂
– got free upgrades and experienced flying in 1st class for the first time with Air Canada – did you know that behind those curtains they have ice cream and freshly baked cookies, baked right on the plane and served hot?!?!
– finally bought a coffee table (Armando has yet to finish putting it together. First he has to learn to read Chinese so he can understand the instructions.)
– Armando and I celebrated our one year anniversary! Where did he take me? To the food court at the airport in Mexico City for tacos. An anniversary that I will always remember with fondness and laughter!
And those were just the sprinkles on the cake during the last two months. I have been busy and tired but I realize that that’s just proof that I’m living. And life’s too short to not live.
Don’t stay stationary. Keep on moving forward. Happy 2013!! May it be full of life!